3 November 2009

Fame! I'm gonna live...to regret this!

If I told you I was at a BBQ on a November Saturday night in Scotland, you'd think I was fibbing, right?

Well thanks to the bonkers weather we're getting these days, we were actually living that dream. It was a great chance to meet more of the neighbours, sink a few mulled wines and, so I'm told, 'freak out' with Mr Slimma to some good tunes.

We're a bit out of practice, but fortunately my neighbour 'two down' is quite keen on throwing a few shapes and before long we were all convinced we could 'J-set' better than Beyonce.

It was all going fabulously...until I woke up the next morning in a cold sweat with a very troublesome thought.

Did I really agree to go with my twinkle-toed neighbour to a 'real' dance class on Tuesday night? Oh boy, I think I did.

What was I thinking?!

Apart from my pathalogical fear of lycra, the words 'at the end of the class we do balletic jumps in pairs' keep returning to haunt me.

So I've now got a 'Kids from Fame' scenario spinning round in my head - the only difference being the Kids from Fame weren't totally off their tits on mulled wine when they were dancing.

Suddenly I fully grasp what their teacher meant when she said...

'Right here's where you start paying!'

No comments:

Chill! Losing weight is hard enough!

Feel like snacking? Go pop some bubble wrap instead!