2 February 2010

Snow blindness

You really can't beat a big mug of coffee and a mid morning muffin on a snowy day like today.

My line of work is not really a flabbuster's best ally. The temptation to snack, particularly in the winter months, is high, and with nobody around to wag a disapproving finger while I excavate the kitchen with Mr Slimma's trowel in search of digestives (hey, marrying an archaeologist does have some perks after all!), it's so easy to rationalise away the ugly truth that one is simply being piggy.

As it is, the trench I've just dug in the kitchen hasn't even unearthed a measly crumb. Rats!

Me: I need the energy to keep warm. Hypothermia could be just minutes away! What shall I do?

Inner Goddess: How about a nice piece of fruit?

Me: How about you stick your head in the oven and I bake it? This is serious! I'll need to brave the snow for supplies. I'll need to refuel at Starbucks so don't wait for me, I may be gone for some time...

Inner Goddess: Sure. Next you'll be telling me it's good exercise!

No comments:

Chill! Losing weight is hard enough!

Feel like snacking? Go pop some bubble wrap instead!