8 September 2009

The Attractor Factor?


I am one very happy Hobbit.

Yesterday I managed to find 3 pairs of hobbit-sized shoes for £25 in a closing down sale.

It’s such a rare occurrence that I can’t help wondering if the universe is giving me a hand. I blog about needing a pair of shoes and I get three. I blog to lose weight and it seems to work. It’s making me wonder if maybe there isn’t something in this Law of Attraction stuff after all.

It’s been pretty hard to miss all the publicity surrounding the Law of Attraction over the last few years. But just in case you managed to miss it, here’s a quick link to get you up to speed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Attraction

I love the personal development, psychology and mind, body, spirit sections in bookstores but while I like to think I’m at least open to new ideas, I don’t always find it easy to take the leap of faith that seems necessary with some of the more alternative stuff. I expect it’s got something to do with being born Scottish - for Scottish read sceptical. I need to see some proof!

That said, it’s definitely still worth taking a peep at the plethora alternatives that have popped up to try and help us lead more fulfilling lives. So I figure as long as I’m not required to wear hemp or dance naked around a maypole every full moon, I’ll keep on exploring.

After all, what’s the worst that can happen? You say, nah, that’s not for me. Or as my grandfather so eloquently used to put it: “Achhh, rrrrrrubish!”

Chill! Losing weight is hard enough!

Feel like snacking? Go pop some bubble wrap instead!