30 September 2009

Creating your strongest life

Instead of rabbiting on about the perils of VPL or my stubbornly large bum, today I thought I'd share something else I'm rabidly passionate about. Because, when I think about it, it's all ultimately related.

If you feel great about how you look/feel but don't do what you love or even work to your strengths, you probably aren't as happy as you could be. You might even dread going to work every day. Equally, no matter how much you enjoy what you do, if you don't feel good about how you look or feel, you may find it hard to achieve your potential.

I've experienced both scenarios over the years. A few years ago I decided to do some work on discovering my strengths. It was time and effort well spent. Now I'm working on feeling better about how I look and feel. Then I figured it made sense to use a couple of my strengths (creating and communicating) to help me battle the bulge - and so the blog was born and, more importantly, seems to be working!

So do you know where your strengths lie?

If not, I heartily recommend Gallup's updated Strenghsfinder 2.0 online quiz and any books by Marcus Buckingham.

But before you do, I noticed today that Buckingham has also just launched The Strong Life Test for Women. Used in conjunction with its accompaanying book, the Strong Life Test is 'a tool to enable women to tap into their best selves and find their strongest lives'.

I haven't tried it yet but I'm guessing it will be worth a look.

Here you go....

No comments:

Chill! Losing weight is hard enough!

Feel like snacking? Go pop some bubble wrap instead!