2 September 2009

Life after 40


Now that I’ve turned 41 I feel I’m about to be let into a secret. Because as of today, I’ll be one of those people who talks about ‘life after 40’ and actually knows what it means. Pretty exciting, huh?

Actually, I’ll be pretty disappointed if I don’t receive a big envelope containing the mysteries of the universe according to 40 somethings from somebody today. It’s 9.30 am already and I still don’t feel any older or in the loop.

Admittedly there are tiny signs that change is in the air. Last weekend I found myself ‘lingering’ at the skin care counter and ‘seriously’ considering if the time had come to purchase a cream for ‘a more mature skin’. You know, one of those expensive ones with an unpronounceable pseudo-scientific name and ads that promise ‘lift’ that only a scaffold could ever really provide.

But it was only a momentary lapse of reason. I soon came to my senses. If there really is something different about life after 40, I’m pretty sure posh face cream does not play a life or death role.

So what is this mysterious phase, this ‘life after 40’, about to reveal?

Personally I’ll be happy if life just gets a whole lot more mellow...

Oh, and that there will be cake!

Can anyone please confirm that?


Nobody gave this Panda a manual either...

Chill! Losing weight is hard enough!

Feel like snacking? Go pop some bubble wrap instead!