21 October 2009

Trick or treat?


It's not even Halloween yet and we're being invited to think about Christmas. Lights, cards, and even adverts for 'Christmasy fragranced candles' (Do you suppose Mary and Joseph found them absolutely essential too?) are bombarding our subconsciouses with the message 'thou shalt soon be required to be jolly and fritter thy money on stuff that'll doubtless end up in a charity shop come January'.

Bah humbug! This old Scrooge is going to enjoy Halloween before she inevitably succumbs to any of that. After all, I've got a party to dress up for and no idea yet what to wear. So I've been weighing up the options...

Theme: historical character or monument.

The Michelin 'wo'man: Every fatty's preferred metaphor. Hmm, maybe not historical enough.

Henry VIII: Pros: License to eat anything that moves and make my bingo wings work for me. Cons: tights, beard, licence to eat anything...

Kate Moss: Just kidding!

Maryln Monroe:
Pros: I've got curves. Cons: I've got curves not even magic knickers can completely contain.

The Eiffel Tower: Stand in an A-frame with a croissant in my gob! Ooh la-la! Tempting!

What would you suggest?...

No comments:

Chill! Losing weight is hard enough!

Feel like snacking? Go pop some bubble wrap instead!