3 August 2009

All in the mind?



Considering how ropey things were getting on Friday, on reflection, I'd have to count last week as a full-on success.

Because despite a strawberry tart, steak and chips, a chocolate desert to die for, a few glasses of Merlot and a couple of other edible compadres from my decadent past slipping through security and flooring me with their charms, I have somehow STILL managed to lose 2lb.

Yes, it seems I am indeed mastering the cunning arts of risk management and positive thinking!

* Prior to the steak and chips, said evil chocolate desert and Merlot, I did propel myself round a park a few times resulting only in minimal casualties (they should ban those long dog leads!), so I earned it, right?

* Before I allowed that strawberry tart to whisper its sweet nothings in my direction, I got in the mood with a quick sprint along the beach at St Andrews. Well, ok, that's a lie, but I did do some pretty impressive slow motion Chariots of Fire-style running along that beach!

Yeah, yeah, you can mock if you like but, according to modern neuroscience, thinking is quite often as just as good as doing. (Inner Sloth is with me on this one!)

So I'm going to keep it up. Only next time I'm doing my slo-mo running along the West Sands I think I'll be Pammy from Baywatch instead. Those 1920s long-johns didn't half itch.

-------------------------
PS.If you've just turned up, I was pimping my blog yesterday. Why not try out the groovy new comments feature below...don't be shy now! You can do it!

--------------------------------------
P.P.S. Not kidding about that mind over matter stuff...check out scientist and author Dr David Hamilton on the matter...no, really!

Chill! Losing weight is hard enough!

Feel like snacking? Go pop some bubble wrap instead!