17 August 2009

He's a lady, oh yes, he's a lady


It’s hard to blog with one hand, but I’m doing my best. I still can’t use the other one - because I need it to prevent my jaw from hitting the floor.

I’ve been in this rather inconvenient state since Friday night when I went to see ‘The Ladyboys of Bangkok’ at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.

What a show! Sequens, lights, music, dance, comedy and a whole load of gender confusion. Fantastic!

All the same, TBF and I did find ourselves grumbling afterwards that it seems particularly unfair that a group of ‘men’ even manage to look better than us in bikinis. (OK, to be fair they wouldn’t thank us for calling them men – for a more accurate definition, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathoey). But they really did look so good that if ever the Pussycat Dolls get sick, they know who to call!

Anyway, I may still pass for a beached whale in my swimmers, and I’m not quite ready for my own show in Vegas, but I am a slightly smaller Orca now having lost my first stone!

Which leads me to announce my next target:


I WILL LOSE ANOTHER STONE by 19 October (yes, this year!).


Stick with me – that’s a lot of blogging!

SCROLL ON DOWN FOR THE STATS AND FOR SOME EXCELLENT DISPLACEMENT ACTIVITY…

Chill! Losing weight is hard enough!

Feel like snacking? Go pop some bubble wrap instead!