7 August 2009

A midsummer day's dream


OMG, that was some headache yesterday. Inner Goddess hauled me kicking and screaming from my computer screen and imposed a strict blogging embargo.

IG: No blogging till the room stops moving around and the lights stop flashing and that’s final!

Thank heavens for horse pills, that’s all I can say. Mind you, the pain was almost worth it for the cracking dream I had in the afternoon…

LOCATION: SAINSBURY’S SUPERMARKET, SWEETIE AISLE.

Family-size bar of Dairy Milk chocolate speaking in sexy French accent: Hey Baby I am two for one aujourd’hui…how’z about a treesome!

Me: You talkin’ to me?

DM: But of course, Baby! I saw you look-ing. I KNOW zat you are my kind of woman!

Me (blushing): Really? I’m not that easy you know!”

DM (flashing his shiny purple wrapper seductively):Oh, playing all coy now are we? I remember ze good ol’ days! Just toi et moi, a steaming HOT mug of tea and NO interruptionz!

Me: I’ve told you before Dairy Milk, those days are over!. I don’t DO chocolate no more!

ENTER Queen of trailer trash afternoon telly, Ricki Lake…

Ricki Lake:That’s not what we’ve heard! Fry’s Turkish Delight over there says you’ve been giving him some part time lovin for the past three weeks!

Me: That’s a lie, a dirty lie, I tell you! Dairy Milk, honey, don’t listen to her. I may be slimming, but you’re right, I still only have eyes for you!

Ricki Lake: There’s only one way to find out - LIE DETECTOR TEST!!! What do you say people, should she take the test?

Mob of grannies: Take the test, take the test, take the test!!!

Me: Fine, I’ll take it! Satisfied?

Ricki: Well the results are in and I have to tell you, it looks like someone’s been-a-cheatin!

DM(devastated!): I can’t believe it. Ma Cherie and zat puny gelatinous Turkish upstart? You chose HIM over moi? Look at him, he doesn’t even have a six pack. He’s all wobbly inside!

Me (ashamed!): I know, but he’s only 200 calories a bar. I thought I’d get away with it!

Mob of grannies closing in: CHEATER, CHEATER, CHEATER!!!

Distant Voice:
Wake up, wake up, wake up you silly cow, you’re dreaming!!

Me:AHHHHHHHHH! Oh thank God it’s you Inner Goddess. I just had the weirdest dream. There was Ricki Lake, talking chocolate, evil pensioners. It was bloomin’ terrifying!

IG: I gather that, but it’s alright now….HEY, hang on… what’s that pink shiny wrapper sticking out from under your pillow?

Chill! Losing weight is hard enough!

Feel like snacking? Go pop some bubble wrap instead!