28 August 2009

Dream cuisine


Friday fever has kidnapped me again. I’ve been bouncing around like Tigger since 6am. Not sure why as it’s not like I’ve got anything wildly exciting planned for the weekend. No, there's nothing else for it, this weekend I must do a bit more experimentation in the kitchen.

I’ve discovered that cooking laziness is this slimmer’s biggest enemy. Last week I found myself making bean tacos once too often, only because it was fast. But it’s definitely not a good idea. Apart from the fact that the ice caps can’t cope with that, not eating a varied enough diet really does seem to slow down the weight loss. It’s like your gut downs tools and says, ‘Enough already, if you don’t give me something different to eat, I’m going to sabotage your entire mission!’

So it’s time to try out some new quick and easy recipes to get me through the week. That means I'll no doubt spend hours drooling over recipe pictures, pick one I like and then get mightily annoyed when I read: Preparation 50 mins, cooking time 4 hours. I mean, come on, I'll be a pensioner before I get dinner on the table!

Oh how I'd love to be Captain Janeway on Star Trek Voyager. All she has to do is bellow, “Beef Wellington, hot!” into her ‘replicator’ and hey presto it appears out of thin air complete with vegetable sculpture and a nice glass of red!

Forget bagless hoovers, when are the boffins going to put me out of my misery and invent the replicator?

Chill! Losing weight is hard enough!

Feel like snacking? Go pop some bubble wrap instead!