13 August 2009

Ninja shopping


I went shopping yesterday.

I know, I know, you probably think I'm about to start moaning bitterly again. But you'd be wrong! I actually came home with some clothes!

That's because I wasn't looking for clothes - I was food shopping.

So it got me thinking. Are there some weird clothes shopping Universal Laws at work here?

Can anyone else relate to this? ...

1. You can only be successful at clothes shopping when you are not consciously clothes shopping, and
2. You are far more likely to find clothes you like when you are accompanying a friend who is desperately looking for something and can't find anything.

I'm also wondering whether that fact that I was in a supermarket made it easier. I get so browned off in town that perhaps I'm just not in the right frame of mind to see anything nice. Hmmm, maybe I suffer from a form of shopping blindness.

Anyway, from now on it's supermarket shopping all the way. Of course if my theories are right I'll have to be quite sneaky about it so that I don't jinx things.

I'll be cool, casual. I shall invent a new form of shopping - NINJA SHOPPING! The clothes won't even see me coming!

'That'll be two cabbages, 10 satsumas, one torquoise linen top, baked beans and a pair of jeans please!'

Ha! Got you!

Chill! Losing weight is hard enough!

Feel like snacking? Go pop some bubble wrap instead!