11 August 2009

Midnight musings


Blimey, it's way past midnight and I can't sleep a wink so I might as well blog.
Normally on such occasions a midnight feast would be in order. A quick raid of the fridge. After all, it'd be tragic if one was to fade away before breakfast! But as I already know there's nothing in the fridge worth raiding, it'd be futile.

So here I am, blogging without so much as a crumb let alone crumpets and jam. Whatever would Enid Blyton have to say about that?

Never mind. The notion of fridge raiding has lost some of its appeal since TBF thrust a book called 'When you eat at the Refrigerator, pull up a chair' by Geneen Roth into my curious little paws.

Full of intriguingly named chapters such as 'How to recognise a Fat and Ugly attack', 'Wear Red' , 'Give away clothes that cut off your circulation' and, my favourite, 'Whatever you do don't diet', I knew immediately that Geneen and I were going to get along just fine.

You see this is a book that anyone trying to lose weight should read for many a sound reason, but principally because it advocates being a whole lot nicer to yourself, and I'm certainly up for that.

Inner Bitch is only a few pages in and already I can tell she's not remotely amused.

Could it be she's finally met her match?
Maybe, just maybe!

Chill! Losing weight is hard enough!

Feel like snacking? Go pop some bubble wrap instead!